Sunday 26 August 2007

Short and not very sweet

There hasn't been a whole lot to report on today. Partly because I've managed to keep myself away from cyberland for large parts of today - acutally finding other things to do and keep me amused. I did upload and rearrange some of the pictures on my profile. That usually attracts a bit of attention, as it did today. A couple of new tracks and the leaving of symbols that indicated that they liked what they saw.

The few messages I did get weren't very promising though. Overweight, over-age, balding, yada, yada, yada - the usual type of guy I attract these days. "you up for a meet?". Well it's a better opening than "asl" which has me reaching for the close button faster than a speeding bullet (it's late, I'm running low on witty stuff). I gave my stock reply to those sorts of openings "no".

I can't stand that. I mean, I'm guessing here, but if you were in a bar you wouldn't approach a guy with "do you want to have sex with me?" which is what those kind of one-line openers in a chat room amount to. Maybe I'm being naive in the ways of cruising or something, but I really don't think it works like that. It's the same with people who open a conversation with "where are you from?" to which I usually reply "why?". Maybe it's double standards. I mean, I admit that the cyber world and these chat rooms aren't really real, so I suppose I shouldn't expect real world type rules of contact to apply. But these guys who are after sex, as most of us are in there, want to convert that unreality into reality, so you have to balance it surely?

Ok, I think I'm starting to ramble. But like I said, it's been a slow day. Plus I'm getting frustrated with myself again. I need some proper contact now, not just letters on a screen. I have the chance to go away for a couple of days next week, but I can feel myself resisting - again. This 'prison' I call home is starting to get me down again. Need to find a way out sooner or later.

No comments: