Friday 30 January 2009

Chav induced headache

So I suppose that there was always a danger in buying a place on the wrong side of the tracks that there would be a bit of nuisance value from the local chavs. Therefore, can I really be so surprised that some idiot around here has taken to playing his/her gangster rap while his scummy mates hang out of the window. At least I assume that's whats happening; I haven't looked out of the window. Trust me, I can hear the repetitive crap blasting out at the moment and, like that irritating itch that you can't help but scratch, when I press mute on the tv, I can hear that irritating local accent squeal of the female chav.

They've turned the volume down now although I can pick out the faint beat. You clearly have to be of low intelligence to actually listen to that crap in the first place. Frankly, I don't care that I've got a superiority complex over these people. The ones who can't read or take no notice of the no-smoking sign. Those who have an inability to think about anyone other than themselves. I suppose that's just how things are for now. A world full of dense, layabout idiots incapable of empathy, breeding more mini-mes who don't stand a hope in hell of breaking out of that mould. Once upon a time, I agreed with the idea that we need to provide opportunities for these people, that they need to be nurtured and educated. Some people are just beyond redemption.

And I hate having these thoughts and saying these things. Inherently, I know that I should let it go, accept that some people are barely capable of looking after their own interests, let along anyone elses and yes, big word, forgive it. Maybe I will in the morning. I'm so short of being perfect myself; who am I to judge?

I wonder if someone has gone out there and complained or something. It's much quieter now. I thought I heard some raised voices before, but it's hard to tell. Anyway, the sound isn't overwhelming anymore. Plus I've turned up the volume on the TV anyway. It's all fine.

I suppose you want a quick update on what this blog is supposed to be about. I think I turned down the offer of a roll around this evening. Given the noise, it's probably a good thing. The technology guy who I'd broken contact with up until a couple of nights ago suggested that he could pop around and help me out. I'm not entirely sure why I put him off, but I did. Still not 100% sure about him. Friend with benefits has been quiet today. There's that hot and cold routine again. Guy with the medical issues has been online but not too talky. And finally to round it all off, psycho vet will "never give up" or some such.

It's been such a weird week, I suppose I should be so surprised that it ends up in an unsatisfactory way.

No comments: